Brandon Haynes is an award-winning narrative and commercial filmmaker and photographer based in Brooklyn, NY. He started his creative journey as a photographer in 2009 and fell in love with cinematography after attending Denver’s SeriesFest in 2016. Teaching himself the rules and tricks of the trade, he now blends the worlds of music, fashion, and sports with his love for TV and cinema. His drive to continually perfect his craft, and capture a striking balance of color and shadow, has allowed him to shoot for a diverse array of clients including Hennessy, Uptown Magazine, Adidas, Bumble, BET, Volkswagen, Doordash, Facebook, and Google.
In 2020, he made his narrative directorial debut with the short film "Carol Crawford". The early reception of the film has been positive, including numerous awards and nominations for Best First Time Director & Best Cinematography from the likes of the Los Angeles Cinematography Awards, DC Black Film Festival, Venice Shorts, Wales International Film Festival, and Boulevard Film Festival. His short film screenplay for “Strike of Artemis” was nominated for Best Script in Short by Cyrus Toronto International Film Festival, Marina Del Ray Film Festival, and Screencraft.
Brandon’s most recent directorial project is “Legacy” a documentary short that provides an intimate look into the life of an artist whose work has had a significant impact on society. Photographer Mark C. explores his process while reflecting on his viral photo of the Black Lives Matter 2020 protest in front of the Trump Tower. The film released in November 2020 where it was featured on Free The Work, Booooom TV, Shiny Network’s “Director Spotlight”, and awarded Best Documentary at Black Diaspora Short Film Festival.
Feel free to contact to inquire about rates and scheduling.
Clients: Billy Magazine/ Google/ Adidas/ Impose Magazine/ MSA Models/ Chase Models/ Wilhelmina/ Elite/ Uptown Magazine/ Man v Machine/Essence Magazine/ America's Cancer Society/ Hennessy/ Village Care/Institute Magazine/ NY Times/ FADER/ Volkswagen
Exhibits: Hurricane Sandy Relief Exhibit 2012/ Southern Comfort Presents: Brooklyn Artist 2012/ Greenpoint Gallery - People Choice Exhibit 2013
- Winner of Best Documentary for "Legacy" at Black Diaspora Short Film Festival
- 3 Time Winner for Carol Crawford at Boulevard Film Festival
- MiFilm Branding Lab - Director Fellow
- Free The Work: The Fellows
- Johannes Leonardo: Meet Brandon Haynes
- Malayalees for Black Lives Matter:Racism in Entertainment
- Brown Girl Magazine: Radical Responsibility - Becoming Antiracist
- Little Black Book: Minorities in Film
- Shots: MiFILM launches The Branded Lab
- Shoot Online: BIPOC Directors to Increase Representation in the Spotmaking Arena
- Prettybird: Minorities in Film Launches The Branded Lab
- The Grey District: Brandon Haynes